Welcome To My Blog!

SST's vision is to be a globally connected institution of science and technology. This explains why students like me have to create class and personal blogs. I think blogging is a good way of communication. I hope that everyone can enjoy how fun it is to use Blogger.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

5th January 2010

Today is my second day at SST. I arrived at the school, feeling indeed enthusiastic about today's programmes. I learnt something regarding "Forging Excellence", which was one of our school values. It simply meant we could give our "best", but that was not really our full potential. It also meant something like the will and desire to learn. After our assembly, we had an activity called the "Teambuilding Challenge". There were 3 stations and the purpose of this activity is to promote the relationship amongst us. Even though we did not win in any of the games, we did not care much as we were already better than expected. We had communicated quite well and given our 110% commitment. We were also very resolute and persevered despite losing eventually. I learnt that winning or losing was just a trivial matter; what mattered was that we gained knowledge from it. I felt that our team-work was quite marvellous and we should cultivate it in order to excel in the future. In the future, I would contribute by assigning roles to everyone; that way, everyone would have a role to play and no one would feel left out.

We had a debrief after that and we discussed about our performance earlier. We talked a lot regarding our strengths and weaknesses; we also thought of several ways to tackle them. We vowed to use the solutions on tomorrow's Amazing Race around Clementi and we certainly hoped that they would be very effective. Then, we had a MacBridge activity which involved the use of Google Maps. It was indeed very interesting and I thought it resembled Google Earth. Subsequently, we had an IT class. I had to do a presentation for SST's badge ceremony. Finally, at approximately 3.30p.m, we were dismissed by our teacher, Mr Aurelius Yeo. Well, I look forward to tomorrow's Amazing Race. I hope our class can win an activity for once. Sigh... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment