Welcome To My Blog!

SST's vision is to be a globally connected institution of science and technology. This explains why students like me have to create class and personal blogs. I think blogging is a good way of communication. I hope that everyone can enjoy how fun it is to use Blogger.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

6th January 2010

Today is my third day in SST. Well, let me blog about the long and arduous "Amazing Race" around Clementi precinct. There were indeed a lot of stations and we covered almost the whole Clementi neighbourhood. Before we ended the tiring yet fantastic race, there were a lot of arguments regarding which route we should take; however, we managed to overcome ginormous obstacles to finish 4th. I was indeed exhausted and my legs were quite sore. However, it was quite worth it-I got to know some of my classmates even better. Even though the race took more than 3 hours, I still thought it was quite meaningful as I had became more familiar with this place.

One of our school vision is "Expanding Our Learning Networks", which means that we have to gain knowledge in and also beyond SST. From today's activity, I realised that there were a lot of stuffs that I did not know. Therefore, I felt that I should widen my knowledge by reading newspapers and magazines. I thought this particular school value was quite important as we had to learn in order to find out what was happening around the Earth. It could also help us understand what had actually occurred in the Lion City. I feel that it can help me in my learning journey at SST. I could be more willing to face challenges and problems in the process of my learning; after all, that would give us the experience I really required. Oh yes, our form teacher also wanted us to think how we could contribute to this precinct. Zhi Chao had suggested placing ERPs to prevent heavy traffic. He also mooted repainting the old flats in the Clementi area. Of course, they were just simply outrageous. I feel that we should plant more trees and plants to improve the greenery in Clementi as well as reducing air pollution. I would also try to deter people from smoking so that everyone could enjoy the great environment in this place.

Well, this is really a superfluous blog but I believe the idea is quite clear. SST is trying to mould us into better persons. I will post another blog on Friday due to my 2-day camp at Sarimbun Scout Camp. I hope the high elements, along with the games there, are thrilling and enjoyable. If not, it would become torture. Sigh...I hope the camp will not turn out as a catastrophe.


No comments:

Post a Comment